BONUS!! Kristen and I thought it would be a neat surprise to offer up a bonus post on Valentines Day treats. Here are a few pins that I’m sure you’ve seen floating around. Check them out and make one up for a sweet surprise for your valentine.
The Results: Win
Ingredient for both recipes
*2 lbs of Large Strawberries (for both recipes)
*Chocolate chips (heart shaped recipe)
*Red Decorating icing (optional) (heart shaped recipe)
*Toothpicks to help hold the strawberries together to mold (heart shaped recipe)
*8 oz Cream Cheese softened (cheesecake filled recipe)
*1 tsp Vanilla Extract (cheesecake filled recipe)
*Graham Cracker crumbs (cheesecake filled recipe)
*1/4 -1/3 cup of powdered sugar (cheesecake filled recipe)
1. Wash all your strawberries thoroughly and cut off the stem.
2. Next, slice your strawberry in half and slice a small sliver off to shape it into more of a heart.
3. Let all the strawberries dry, the chocolate will stick better if they are not wet.
4. Next, pour the chocolate over each strawberry heart and try to wipe the excess chocolate off
5. Let your chocolate hardened in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until chocolate is strong enough to touch.
6. Finally, take out the toothpicks and working quickly (chocolate will melt the more it’s touched) decorate them how you want. I just used red decorating icing.
For the Cheesecake Filled Strawberries
1. Wash all strawberries thoroughly.
2. Next hollow out the inside of the strawberry with a small knife I actually have this tool here which seems to work perfectly.
3. Now you’re going to mix your cheesecake filling. Beat together the cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar until creamy.
4. Prepare a piping bag (or plastic bag) by adding the cheesecake filling.
5. Pipe the cheesecake filling into the hollowed out strawberries. Then sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs
6. Extra, you can drizzle melted chocolate over the end result.
Happy Valentines Day! <3
Leave me a comment letting me know if you did this and if it was a “win” or “fail”.