We stayed two weeks moochdocking with family in Michigan. It was wonderful to catch up and get caught up on some repairs. In this episode, we also talk about places to visit and do on the East side of Michigan.
Looking for something specific? 👇
Listen to the Podcast
Hey adventurers! 🚐
Did this episode spark some wanderlust, or did it remind you of one of your own off-the-beaten-path stories? If you felt that campfire friendship while listening, we would be super grateful if you’d take a moment to pop over to Apple Podcasts. Please leave us a rating, maybe say hi in the review section, and don’t forget to subscribe. It’s like giving a friendly nod to a fellow RVer on the open road.
Do you have a hidden gem of a location you think we should explore next? Or maybe a practical tip for full-time RV living? Leave us a message—this journey is all the richer when shared with the community.
🏞️ Safe travels, and see you down the road!
SUBSCRIBE: APPLE PODCASTS | PODBEAN | SPOTIFY | IHEART RADIO | PANDORA | TUNEIN | Plus, almost all podcasting apps. Let us know if you can't find us on your app.
Cuyahoga Valley National Park
Moochdocking with family tips and links
What is it? Driveway camping at a family member or friend's house
- Our Victron Multiplus 3000 inverter has a power assist mode allowing us to use a 15 amp wall plug and our battery bank to power our RV!
- We used our onboard water source instead of a hose connection, so we didn't fill our holding tanks as fast. We were able to go seven full days before we had to dump.
Places to visit on the East side of Michigan
- Port Huron
- Bronner's Christmas Store
- Zehnders Family Style restaurant
- Flint Farmers Market
- Tawas/East Tawas
- One of the places that started our local pizza obsession – G's Pizzeria
- Rogers City
- Ocqueoc Falls, the only major waterfall in the Lower Peninsula
- Mackinaw City
- Mackinac Island
Tony wanted me to share this commercial with you – Buttery Flaky Crust – We discuss it in the bloopers. HAHA!
Advertising helps us buy hot chocolate and sometimes pays for fun adventures. You can help support us by clicking on our links or using the referral codes we share. It’s not our primary source of income and is never worth more than your trust. Therefore, you will only see links for things we use and our honest opinions. Check out everything we love, or you can shop on Amazon to help us: thefaiolas.com/amazon.