We stayed two weeks moochdocking with family in Michigan. It was wonderful to catch up and get caught up on some repairs. In this episode, we also talk about places to visit and do on the East side of Michigan.
Looking for something specific? 👇
Listen to the Podcast
We would love it if you helped us by sharing the podcast with your friends and family.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Off the Beaten Path but Not Lost podcast, please head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a review, and don’t forget to follow to be notified of new episodes.
SUBSCRIBE: APPLE PODCASTS | PODBEAN | STICHER | SPOTIFY | IHEART RADIO | GOOGLE PODCASTS | PANDORA | TUNEIN
Cuyahoga Valley National Park
We stayed in Ashtabula, Ohio, and we stayed at a Thousand Trails Kenisee Lake RV Campground
Moochdocking with family tips and links
What is it? Driveway camping at a family member or friend’s house
- Our Victron Multiplus 3000 inverter has a power assist mode allowing us to use a 15 amp wall plug and our battery bank to power our RV!
- We used our onboard water source instead of a hose connection, so we didn’t fill our holding tanks as fast. We were able to go seven full days before we had to dump.
Places to visit on the East side of Michigan
- Port Huron
- Bronner’s Christmas Store
- Zehnders Family Style restaurant
- Flint Farmers Market
- Tawas/East Tawas
- One of the places that started our local pizza obsession – G’s Pizzeria
- Rogers City
- Ocqueoc Falls, the only major waterfall in the Lower Peninsula
- Mackinaw City
- Mackinac Island
Tony wanted me to share this commercial with you – Buttery Flaky Crust – We discuss it in the bloopers. HAHA!
New camping chairs and stools we found on Amazon.
Advertising helps us buy hot chocolate and sometimes pays for fun adventures. You can help support us by clicking on our links or using the referral codes we share. It’s not our primary source of income and is never worth more than your trust. Therefore, you will only see links for things we use and our honest opinions. Check out everything we love, or you can shop on Amazon to help us: thefaiolas.com/amazon.