You know you love a place when you find yourself returning repeatedly. South Dakota is that place for us. The Black Hills are so gorgeous, and we love this state. This is the RV guide to South Dakota—we tell you about our most recent stay in South Dakota. Our review segment discusses upgrading the coach to help it drive better.
Looking for something specific? 👇
Listen to the Podcast
Hey adventurers! 🚐
Did this episode spark some wanderlust, or did it remind you of one of your own off-the-beaten-path stories? If you felt that campfire friendship while listening, we would be super grateful if you’d take a moment to pop over to Apple Podcasts. Please leave us a rating, maybe say hi in the review section, and don’t forget to subscribe. It’s like giving a friendly nod to a fellow RVer on the open road.
Do you have a hidden gem of a location you think we should explore next? Or maybe a practical tip for full-time RV living? Leave us a message—this journey is all the richer when shared with the community.
🏞️ Safe travels, and see you down the road!
SUBSCRIBE: APPLE PODCASTS | PODBEAN | SPOTIFY | IHEART RADIO | PANDORA | TUNEIN | Plus, almost all podcasting apps. Let us know if you can't find us on your app.
Where we Stayed
- Heartland RV park: we like this park. It's clean, packages are allowed, laundry, and a heated swimming pool and hot tub.
- We met Olivia and Nathan from ON World Travel, and they have a great Youtube channel.
- We boondocked in the Black Hills National Forest near Keystone and at the famous Badlands boondocking area.
Places to Visit
- Custer State Park
- Custer Wildlife Loop Road
- Iron Mountain Road
- Dinosaur Museum
- Needles Highway
- Mount Rushmore Lighting Ceremony
- City of Presidents Walk
- Spearfish Canyon scenic drive
- Bridal Veil Falls
- Gypsy Guide
- Badlands National Park
- Places we visited the last time that didn't have time this visit, but you should if you have time.
- Crazy Horse Memorial
- Wind Cave National Park
- Front and rear Sumo Springs suspension upgrade
- Front Sway Bar “cheap handling fix” (at your own risk)