The Upper Peninsula of Michigan is Tony's favorite, and after this episode of the podcast, we hope it's at the top of your list to visit. If you are looking for an epic fall trip, this is the place!
Looking for something specific? 👇
Listen to the Podcast
Hey adventurers! 🚐
Did this episode spark some wanderlust, or did it remind you of one of your own off-the-beaten-path stories? If you felt that campfire friendship while listening, we would be super grateful if you’d take a moment to pop over to Apple Podcasts. Please leave us a rating, maybe say hi in the review section, and don’t forget to subscribe. It’s like giving a friendly nod to a fellow RVer on the open road.
Do you have a hidden gem of a location you think we should explore next? Or maybe a practical tip for full-time RV living? Leave us a message—this journey is all the richer when shared with the community.
🏞️ Safe travels, and see you down the road!
SUBSCRIBE: APPLE PODCASTS | PODBEAN | SPOTIFY | IHEART RADIO | PANDORA | TUNEIN | Plus, almost all podcasting apps. Let us know if you can't find us on your app.
The Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- U.P. Fall foilage map
- Most of the time, it's the last week of September and the first two weeks of October
- 300+ waterfalls
- 1,700+ miles of Great Lakes coastline
- 40+ historic lighthouses
- Craft breweries
- See the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis)
The western side of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- This town is on the border and is central time.
- Porcupine Mountains
- One of the most incredible vacations we spent was going here in the fall.
- The Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park
- Largest in Michigan
- Lake of the Clouds
- The Summit Peak Observation Tower is the highest point in the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park.
- On a clear day, hikers can see the Apostle Islands to the northwest and Isle Royale to the northeast.
- 15 Waterfalls in the state park
- Keweenaw Peninsula
- Isle Royale National Park
The central section of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore (Should be a National Park)
- Miners Castle Rock
- Glass bottom boat tours
- Pictured Rocks Cruises
- Grand Island
- Video shows a 200-foot chunk of Pictured Rocks cliff collapse into Lake Superior
- Eben ice caves
- Garden peninsula
- Fayette state park – ghost town