The Upper Peninsula of Michigan is Tony’s favorite, and after this episode of the podcast, we hope it’s at the top of your list to visit. If you are looking for an epic fall trip, this is the place!
Looking for something specific? 👇
Listen to the Podcast
We would love it if you helped us by sharing the podcast with your friends and family.
If you enjoyed this episode of the Off the Beaten Path but Not Lost podcast, please head over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a review, and don’t forget to follow to be notified of new episodes.
SUBSCRIBE: APPLE PODCASTS | PODBEAN | STICHER | SPOTIFY | IHEART RADIO | GOOGLE PODCASTS | PANDORA | TUNEIN
The Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- U.P. Fall foilage map
- Most of the time, it’s the last week of September and the first two weeks of October
- 300+ waterfalls
- 1,700+ miles of Great Lakes coastline
- 40+ historic lighthouses
- Craft breweries
- See the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis)
The western side of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- This town is on the border and is central time.
- Porcupine Mountains
- One of the most incredible vacations we spent was going here in the fall.
- The Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park
- Largest in Michigan
- Lake of the Clouds
- The Summit Peak Observation Tower is the highest point in the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park.
- On a clear day, hikers can see the Apostle Islands to the northwest and Isle Royale to the northeast.
- 15 Waterfalls in the state park
- Keweenaw Peninsula
- McLain State park
- Eagle Harbor
- Copper Harbor
- U.S. Route 41 starts in Copper Harbor and goes all the way to Miami
- Brockway Mountain
- Isle Royale National Park
The central section of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore (Should be a National Park)
- Miners Castle Rock
- Glass bottom boat tours
- Pictured Rocks Cruises
- Grand Island
- Video shows a 200-foot chunk of Pictured Rocks cliff collapse into Lake Superior
- Eben ice caves
- Garden peninsula
- Fayette state park – ghost town
The eastern side of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- Sault Ste Marie
- Whitefish Point
- Drummond Island
- You can hear more about this Island on episode 10 at thefaiolas.com/10
- St. Ignace
- Mackinac Bridge